
I was scared to leave the house, but we trudged on. Once we pulled out of the driveway, she was fine until we pulled into the parking lot of the school. She cried some more as we made our way up to the "Garden Sprouts" room. We dropped off her lunchbag and made our way outside where her class was playing in the playground. We met one of her teachers, Miss Pam, and the teacher’s aid, Miss Cheryl. Once Kaitlyn realized that I wasn’t leaving and that she could play in the playground, she was fine, downright happy in fact.
We played with the kids for about ½ hour before it was time to line up with the other kids to go inside. It was SO cute to see her in a line of kids in the school yard. My little girl is getting so big. I can’t believe she is already old enough to be going to preschool. Where did that time go???

Once upstairs, they all sat in a circle and fished for names. The names chosen were kids in the class. Those kids got to pick what job they wanted for the day. They could be a door holder, a weather helper, pet helper, plant feeder, etc. Kaitlyn was upset that her name didn’t get pulled, she wanted a turn so badly. After they picked names then it was free play time. Kaitlyn started out in "Homemaking" where she played with Lifejackets and fake food in the kitchen. Next she made her way to the fishing table where they could do some "fishing" for plastic fish. Then she made a stop at the art table where she did some cutting and painted a paper plate. Bored with that, she played in the water table. I’m tired just writing about it, but she had a BLAST. Before lunch there was storytime to quiet the kids enough to get them to sit for lunch.


We sat down for lunch about noon. Kaitlyn was too curious to eat, she took one bite of her sandwich and then she was done sitting. After lunch was more free play time until another storytime before the naps.
Kaitlyn and I left at 1pm. She was having so much fun that she wanted to stay. I was so glad that she had so much fun. It was great to see her interacting with her new teachers and the other kids. I was SO PROUD of her!!! My little PRESCHOOLER :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment