Come on MOM! Put that camera down, I wanna go to school!!!
Once at school, I easily could have left and she wouldn’t have noticed. I still can’t believe she is already old enough for preschool. The teachers in this class really expect the kids to be pretty self sufficient...wash their own hands, throw away their own trash, pick up their toys when they are done playing with them. I was worried that Kaitlyn wasn’t quite ready for that yet, but today she was doing everything that was asked of her...she really got a kick out of washing her hands by herself. I think she must have washed her hands 10 times today...he he he.
I tried to stay out of the way and let her get used to taking direction from the teachers and she did a REALLY great job listening to them. I am SO proud of her. My little girl is all grow’d up!!!!
When it was time for us to leave, she got a little upset because she wanted to stay and play some more. Next week is the real deal...she will be there all by herself starting Tuesday. I am having a hard time letting go and I am still nervous about her being there alone. I know it is going to be great for her, but it is just so hard to believe that she is going to be at school, having her own life WITHOUT MOMMY! It is just one of those "Hard to swallow" Mommy moments...I’ll get over it, eventually.
GLC Holiday Party
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment