Mike took his role as clown very seriously (go figure!). He practiced all week perfecting the skill of making balloon animals. He was able to make a lot of kids happy at the party with his new found talent :-)
I was very proud of my clown, I mean husband! It was really nice to see how happy he made so many sick kids. It was a small effort on his part, but such a great gift to these kids (and their parents).
The cutest little clown around!!!

I would say that she has come a long way in both health and in spirit, we all have. At this time last year, we were still pretty shell shocked about Katie's diagnosis and this party was one of the first "secret society" events that we went to. Seeing all those sick kids scared the hell out of me. I was scared to acknowledged that this disease had infiltrated our lives. This year, we are in a different place. We are confident that Katie is going to continue to do well and we want to give back to so many of the people that have helped us along the way and also be there for other families that are suffering the same fate as us or worse. This year, we had FUN!
1 comment:
So cute and so fun! :-) It looks like it is a wonderful event!!!!!!
Post a Comment