Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day started with a nice surprise from Mike & my girl...they had given me some new Adirondack Chairs for the backyard, which was great because I have always loved the look of those chairs :-)

When Mike asked me what I wanted to do for Mothers Day, I told him that I wanted to take Katie for a haircut.  Seems like an odd thing to do on Mother's Day, but not when your 5 year old child has never had a haircut.  I think the hairdresser thought I was nuts taking pictures and crying while my 5 year old was getting a haircut (well beyond the normal age for a first haircut). But, I really didn't care what she was thinking because this moment felt so triumphant for her....for us.

Now, she really didn't have a lot of hair to cut, but it was growing back in many different layers and the snarls were getting unruly...lol. So, it was time for a trim :-)

The finished product was SO CUTE!!!

After her haircut, she got her nails done as an additional treat :-)

Then, she got a prize and a certificate for her first haircut!!!

After getting Katie's hair cut, we went over to say Happy Mother's Day to Meme and Auntie Kerrie. Katie made a cute crayon frame with her school picture in it for Meme.

This was such an awesome way for me to celebrate Mother's Day this year. I have to say that this has been one of my most meaningful Mother's Day's. Thank you Katie for being such an amazing little girl...I love you more!!!

No comments: