Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Thursday, May 12, 2011

My Little All-Star!!!

A couple of months into softball and I am pretty impressed with Katie's progress, all of the girls really. Most of them are stepping off the right foot when they throw and hitting a pitched ball instead of off the tee. They are learning to field the ball when it is hit and throwing to first after they field it. We are trying to give each of the girls experience in all the different positions and all of them love playing first base because that is the position that gets the most action...lol.


Katie has the swing of a true slugger.  I had thought this to myself, but it was confirmed when other coaches started to make the same comment about her.  She is the smallest kiddo on the team and she really does have an impressive swing...I LOVE IT!!!!


She also happens to be the slowest runner on the team...lol. She tells me that she is "slow" when she runs and I told her that I was slow too when I played softball, but that just means that you have to hit the ball further so that you can make it around the bases...lol.


I love seeing her participate in activities like this because it always reminds me that she is healthy and that is certainly not something that I will ever take for granted.

No comments: