Today was our first clinic visit in Dr. Usmani's "survivor clinic". We chose to start seeing Dr. Usmani because I no longer wanted Katie to miss school for her clinic visits and this afternoon clinic was our only option (that I am aware of).
For the first time, Mike did not come with us to clinic. We have decided that now that she is going to go in the afternoon, it is better if we "make a change" and he stay at work while we go. I know this is hard for him, but I just feel like it is time. Katie & I are fine going alone and Mike isn't missing work to go to the clinic.
So, Katie saw Dr. Usmani. Nothing against Dr. Usmani, but we have been with Dr. Keuker since day 1 and it's just going to be weird not to see him when we go for our visits.
Katie & I played a game..."what's different about this clinic visit"...We came up with...going in the afternoon instead of the morning, going without daddy & not seeing Dr. Keuker.
We did not wait for her lab results this month. Some months, I am more nervous than others and I wait for the results, but today, I felt OK in leaving. If there is anything funky with the results, I trust that the doctors will call us.
Kaitlyn's blood work has looked perfect the past few visits, so I guess I am starting to let my guard down a bit. I hope I am not sucker punched.
Next month will be our last "monthly" visit. After that, we will only be going to clinic every other month...that amounts to only 6 visits in a whole year!!! I remember when we had 6 clinic visits in a 2 week span for crying out loud!!! This kinda freaks me out...We will be going TWO WHOLE MONTHS before going to check her blood...EEK! We'll see how well I handle that.
She will also be having her titers checked to see where her immunity levels fall to see what she needs to be re-immunized. Most likely, she will need most of them again and I will have to take her to her primary care doctor for that...that should be a blast...ugh...
Her next appointment is scheduled for Wednesday, October 19, 2011.
GLC Holiday Party
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment