Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Sunday, September 25, 2011

UMass Cancer Walk

There were nearly 10,000 walkers today at the 13th annual UMass Cancer Walk. The event raises money for cancer research and treatment. Money raised through the cancer walk goes to labs researching cancer, as well as clinical trials for treatments.

DoDo was asked back this year to make balloon animals in the children's tent, to which he happily said yes! DeDe also made an appearance!!!


I love these two clowns!!!

DeDe got bored and once the music started, she wanted to go do some Zumba!!! The Zumba instructor has taught the kids at Sherry's House, so we made sure to say "hi" after she got off stage.

DoDo was in the Children's Activities tent from 8:00am until 11:30am making as many balloon animals as he could in that time!!!

DeDe took advantage of the crafts table :-)

DoDo's last customers of the day were five year old cancer survivor, Nate, and his sister, Emily. Look at how cute these two are together...just sayin'....

At the end of the day, DoDo & DeDe skipped off, knowing that they had made a lot of kids very happy :-)

I am so proud of the work that DoDo does. The man behind the makeup is such an inspiration to me!

I was so inspired by those two cuties that I scrapbooked my first page in months!!!


No comments: