Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Friday, July 16, 2010

Dermatology Follow-up

Today, I took Katie back to the dermatologist for a follow-up appointment about the bump on her neck. The dermatologist indicated that it no longer looked like a "pimple" and since it has been there for quite a while, we should biopsy it. She kind of left it up to me whether or not to move forward with that advice. I think, at this point, I would rather know if it is something that we should be concerned with or not. So, I told her that I wanted to do the biopsy. If it turns out to be just a benign cyst then we can wait to remove it. Since she will be having her port taken out at the end of treatment and she will already undergo sedation for the surgery, the dermatologist advised that we could take it out then. But, only IF it turns out to be a benign cyst. We didn't discuss a plan of action if it turns out to be something else. I don't even want to think about it.

How is it that within one week, we go from celebrating an "all clear" to worrying about another form of cancer??? Unbelievable!!! Please say a prayer for our Katie girl. The biopsy will be on August 4th.

No comments: