Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Friday, August 27, 2010

UNDER 50 DAYS!!!!

This morning, it is a great thing to look at the countdown clock and see it UNDER 50 DAYS!!!! There are so many great things going on around here these days, it seems almost strange. Katie started school this week, we have started packing for our Disney trip, the paper chain is getting VERY short and the days are ticking by on the countdown clock...it is all very, VERY good stuff!!! In fact, it feels "too good" and Mike & I are both waiting for the other shoe to drop. We are expecting Katie to get a fever any day now and end our string of good luck. We have even taken her temperature at least once the past 2 days. But, I feel that this is just part of our "cancer insanity".

We have been talking a lot about life after treatment and we have realized that it doesn't end on October 15, 2010. We will be forever changed. I will ALWAYS watch her for signs that the beast has returned. I will ALWAYS feel her forehead 10 times a day for fever. I will ALWAYS wonder WHY? And I will ALWAYS be truly grateful for her life. We feel so blessed that she had a "curable" type of cancer. I don't know what I would have done if it wasn't. We watched a movie called "Letters to God" the other night. This reiterated for us how very lucky we are.




September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month and I can't help but to think about all the children that are fighting this disease every day and all the ones that have yet to be diagnosed. It just breaks my heart. Over the next few weeks, I will be posting ways that YOU can help in this fight against childhood cancer.

Will you answer the call?

My letter to God asks that you do.

No comments: