What a great morning at Katie's school! Today was her preschool graduation. The kids were so cute with their hand made graduation caps and their adorable graduation songs. I had tears in my eyes. I am such a proud mommy :-) I really can't believe it is the end of the school year already - where did that year go??
Along with Mike & I, Katie also had all of her grandparents at her graduation - Meme, Papa, Grammie & Pop...all so proud of Katie girl!!!
Miss Becky gives Katie her graduation certificate and portfolio.
Katie & Mommy
Katie & Daddy
Katie & Miss Becky
Katie & Miss Nicky
After her graduation "ceremony" and after-party in the classroom, we went downstairs to the gym to find a good seat for the gym show. I was very much looking forward to seeing how far Katie had come this year in gymnastics. She has worked on rolls (forward & backward), cartwheels, rings, parallel bars and the balance beam.
When I was younger, the balance beam scared me to death, so I am in awe of this, even if she is being fully supported by her teacher.
Katie & Miss Kristy, her gymnastics teacher.
What a great year we had at GLC. Katie will be attending their summer camp, but after that she will be going to Kindergarten at North Grafton Elementary School. We are kind of sad to think that she won't be going to school at GLC, but she will still be going there for her gymnastics lessons.
Katie really has gained more than a foundation for kindergarten. I am amazed at how much she has learned this year - days of the week, months of the year, letter sounds, beginning to read small words, counting to 100, writing letters & numbers, adding numbers... I am sure there is much more, but that is just a few things off the top of my head. I am just truly in awe of how much she has learned in just one school year. My hope is that her kindergarten teacher will foster the level that she is at and continue to grow on that foundation instead of stunting her growth. I guess I can always re-enroll her at GLC if I don't think she is progressing enough. We'll see what happens in the fall...
A BIG thanks to all the wonderful teachers at GLC that have contributed to Katie's education. You are all amazing!!!
GLC Holiday Party
14 years ago









1 comment:
So glad she had a great experience! Happy 1st Day of Kindergarten Katie!
Post a Comment