Today, Katie & I went to Douglas State Park in Douglas, MA. This was a significant trip for us because this was one of my favorite places to take her before she was diagnosed with leukemia. But, after she had her port put in, she couldn't do any lake swimming, so we haven't been there in a few years and she doesn't even remember it. It was nice to be able to take her back to one of my favorite spots and see her play freely without any worries about her getting sick from the lake water.
We went there to collect a stamp for the Katie's MA state passport book. The Park Passport program is part of the No Child Left Inside initiative that can be used as a tool to help kids and their families visit Massachusetts State Parks and facilities.
It was a chilly day, so we didn't bring bathing suits, but that didn't stop Katie from wanting to get in the water. Although, she was a bit nervous about what might be lurking in the water...lol. She did see some tadpoles and that didn't seem to bother her too much.
She spent a good portion of her time building sandcastles and playing in the sand. I had fun just relaxing and watching her enjoy herself.
Katie - I am so happy to see that smile on your face. I hope that this summer is a great one for us :-)
GLC Holiday Party
14 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment