Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

This year, we had a very extensive menu - I had a really fun time planning the menu for the day :-)

Breakfast
French Toast Casserole & Pumpkin Bread

Appetizers
Clam Dip, Cucumber Dill Dip, Chips, Crackers & Veggies

Beverages
Coffee, Milk, Apple Cider, Egg Nog, Coke, Diet Coke, Iced Tea & Wine

Dinner
Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Company Potatoes, Stuffing, Butternut Squash, Sweet Potato Casserole, Carrots, Corn, Peas, Cranberry Sauce, Gravy, Dinner Rolls

Dessert
Chocolate Chip Cookies, Pumpkin-Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, Apple Pie, Vanilla Ice Cream


---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike's parents stopped over in the morning for breakfast & coffee.

We had the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on all morning, it's tradition in our house and Thanksgiving just wouldn't be the same without it.

We had my dad, mom, sister & her boyfriend for dinner.

I spent some time looking over the Black Friday ads. This year, my mom is sleeping over and Mike & I are heading out at 11pm to shop all night long :-) It's crazy, but I am excited to head out and snag some deals.

Everyone crashed on the couch for their "after dinner" rest!

It was a really nice day and I am SO THANKFUL for my family. Thank you all for sharing your day with us!!!

No comments: