Katie,
I want to start this letter by telling you how much I love you. You are the world to me. You bring me immeasurable joy. Sometimes I just look at you and tears fill my eyes because I am overwhelmed with the love that I feel for you.
These days, you are growing and changing so quickly I feel that I just can't keep up and that I am missing it all! You don't like to snuggle as much as you used to which makes me sad, but I am also proud to see that you are becoming such a wonderfully independent young lady. Your independence shines most when you are fighting with Mommy and Daddy because you don't want to do what is being asked of you. Mostly, you just like to press Daddy's buttons and you know every one of them!!!
You have traits that both shock and amaze me.
You are loving & kind. Not too long ago, Mom and Dad were both very sick with a stomach bug and you took care of yourself and the both of us!!! Luckily the bug only lasted a day!! But, we were truly grateful that you had thought to take care of us in our moment of need. Truly amazing.
You are thoughtful. I have seen you share with those that have less than you and give up what you are playing with so that someone else doesn't get upset. This takes a special kind of person and you have it, my girl.
You are adventurous. You are always willing to try something new without hesitation. This amazes me because it is not something that I have ever been able to do...so I say GO YOU!!! I hope this adventurous side never gets out of control!!! But, mostly I hope that you never lose your sense of adventure :-)
You are playful. You LOVE to play with anyone & everyone that will take the time to play with you. I regret to say that I don't have as much time as I would like to, but we play together as much as we can.
You are a survivor. I thank God for this every day. We know how lucky we are that you are still with us. SO MANY lose their battle with cancer and so many parents are left wondering why. I don't think I would be able to handle such a loss, my girl. I hate to even think about it.
You are growing up so quickly and I feel like I am missing it! There are some days that I look at you and have to look twice because there is no longer a baby or a toddler looking back at me anymore, but a beautiful little girl. I know we can't stop time, but I really wish we could slow it down a little bit!!!
You are perfect just the way you are and Mommy & Daddy love you more than words can describe.
Happy Birthday Beautiful Girl!!!
~Love Mommy
GLC Holiday Party
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment