Anyway, with a home pajama party on the schedule, the next hurdle was the invites. The rule at school is that if you send an invite into the school, you must invite the whole class. Uh, yeah - my house is not big enough to hold the whole class thank you very much. So, I told Katie that since it was a pajama party, no boys would be allowed...lol. Teach her the rules early on...lol!!! I reached out to Katie's teacher, Mrs. Daly, and asked her the best way to get an invite out to all the girls in her class. She allowed me to send them in to school since it was ALL the girls.
With that set, we had to decide on a theme and decorations - We decided to go with 'Night Owl'. I found some pretty cute decorations in the baby shower section at iParty!
We had our family party earlier in the day and then Katie's friends from school came later, which allowed Sophie to stay for both :-) This was Katie's big concern - she wanted to be able to spend all day with Sophie :-)
The family party started at 1pm & the friends came at 3pm.
What a cute six year old...
Katie & Sophie played in Katie's room and Katie already started with the 'no pictures' bologna!! Uh, Katie - have you met your mother? You are not getting out of this without SOME pictures, you are better off smiling and then I will leave you alone... for a little while anyway...
We had a quick cake and presents with the family before Katie's friends arrived.
Once her friends got here, they all played quite nicely in Katie's bedroom & playroom while the adults stayed in the sunroom and were able to sit and have a conversation. It was VERY nice to have the extra space for the kids to play in and the layout was perfect if I do say so myself!!!
Here is Katie with all her friends in their jammies!!! SO CUTE!!!
We didn't have any activities 'planned'. Katie talked all week about having a dance party & fashion show, so I just let her go with it and it was fine.
They enjoyed some dance time. I had to sneak in for most of these pictures...lol. I thought I had a few more years before this 'no pictures/leave us alone' business started!!! UGH!!!
We painted nails...
They played dress-up and the Wii!!!!
The party was only planned for a few hours, so we had cupcakes & presents right before the girls were planned to leave. I sent them each home with a cereal bar & chocolate milk in a goodie bag. I hate all those little trinkets that you usually bring home from a birthday party, so I decided to do something different.
After all her friends left, her & Sophie got back into their jammies, we had some dinner and they had some cuddle/TV time while we waited for Steve to come and pick Sophie up. When he showed up at 8:00pm, neither one of them wanted her to go home :-( We are going to have to plan a sleep-over really soon, Soph! We will work on your mom :-)
Overall, I think it went really well for our first big friends party, especially since there were no real activities planned. Katie had a blast having all her friends & family here for her birthday, so that is all that really matters to me.









No comments:
Post a Comment