We have been home from the hospital for a week now. It feels like time is crawling. I just want to be through all Kaitlyn's treatment and come out the other side with a healthy little girl so we can get back to our normal, happy life. Right now, we are living one day at a time and dealing with one obstacle at a time. Currently, we are just trying to get through the first 32 days and then her doctors will take all the data they have collected on her and determine her treatment protocol for the next 2 & 1/2 years. Good God, that seems like such a long time away. But, I will do whatever I have to - ENDURE WHATEVER I have to to ensure that Kaitlyn will be OK at the end of all this.
She is starting to get tired from all her treatment and she has started to lose her hair, which is killing me to see. Her hair is so beautiful - strawberry blond with gorgeous curls. She has the perfect little girl hair and I cry every time I pull out a handful of it. I don't know what to tell her when she starts to notice. I don't know how to stop the tears so that she won't see me cry. But, I know this is inevitable and it is just one more thing we will have to deal with on her journey back to health. So, please if you see a cute hat or a colorful scarf, please let me know where you saw it so that I can go and pick it up.
Continue to pray for our family to be strong at this time when we all feel so weak and powerless.
GLC Holiday Party
14 years ago
4 comments:
Amy,
I think we have several hats that might fit Kaitlyn. I will look through a few boxes and set them aside for you.
Hang in there & take care of yourself too.
you are in our thoughts and prayers. the hat shopping patrol will be out in full force. love to all of you, Maureen, Patrick and the Marek Clan
I will start knitting her a cute hat tomorrow...what is her favorite color?
Patrick is actually Kim, Amy, sorry it doesn't identify me as me!! I will be happy to make her a cutie hat with whatever color you choose, maybe felt it up so it curls up on the end...I think of your family often...
Post a Comment