- Sofa
- Loveseat
- 65" DPL TV
- 2 end tables
- coffee table
- area rug
- 2 lamps
- assorted accessories
- Big Bertha Golf Driver
Just the TV alone was worth $2,000.
With our need to furnish the sunroom, we thought this would be an incredible deal to jump on and Sunday (July 5) was the last day.
However, when we got there, we looked over the "Power Play" furniture and decided that it really wasn't what we wanted for that space. We really wanted either a sectional or reclining sectional, so we decided to go look at them to see what our shoices were. After quite some time, we found one that we liked, but it was REALLY pricey and I wasn't expecting to spend quite so much on a sectional. BUT, if we bought the sectional, they would still sell us the 65" TV at the "Power Play" price, which was $1,200. If we went this route, the bill would have been twice the price of the "Power Play" deal and we would only get the sectional and TV. I just couldn't swallow spending that kind of money for 2 pieces when we would get so much more if we just went with the deal.Now, at this point, we are into our shopping trip about 2 & 1/2 hours and I am feeling quite overwhelmed. I was sitting on the "Power Play" furniture looking at this massive TV, feeling pretty stressed about the decision at hand when I see my friend Rachel with hubby Jeremy & their daughter Alison. A first, I thought they were a mirage...lol. It was SO GOOD to see them because now, I can bounce my thoughts off of someone else. Rachel took a walk with me back to the sectionals and Jeremy stayed with Mike to look at the TVs.
After talking with Rachel & Jeremy, we decided that we just wouldn't be happy with the furniture in the "Power Play" deal and that we should just spend the money and be satisfied with our purchase. This decision took about another hour. I don't know why, but I felt SO MUCH better after talking it out with them. THANKS GUYS!
Now, at this point, Katie is getting cranky because she was hungry, so we ate dinner at Kelly's. If you have never been to Jordan's, I suggest you go check it out just for the experience. This place is like a small town.
After having dinner and resting our brains for a bit, Mike & I decided that since we would already be financing more than we wanted too, we might as well pick out the dining table too and be done with it. So, that is what we did. We picked out a nice cherry dining table with 6 chairs. We also had to throw in a TV stand for our TV.
When all was said and done, the shopping trip took 6 hours and we spent THREE times the amount of the "Power Play" Deal. I gotta hand it to the Jordan's marketing department, they certainly know how to get people in the door.
I left there feeling taken advantage of. Not only because we spent so much money, but I thought their sales people were extremely rude. The sales lady that was helping us pick out our furniture kept talking over me while I was trying to explain my concern with the size of the sectional. She even threw her hands up in frustration and rolled her eyes at me a few times. That added to my stress level.
Anyway, we got home around 8pm and put poor Katie to bed. All the while, I still questioned the size of the sectional. Eventually, I had Mike check the dimensions again and measure it out in the room and I was right, the sectional was going to be too big for the room.
We even measured again on Monday morning and sure enough, we both decided that although the sectional would fit, it would cramp the space way too much and that isn't what we wanted.
We decided to take a ride to Bernie & Phyl's to see what their couch selection was like. Long story short, we still couldn't find a sectional that would fit nicely in our space, so we went with a reclining sofa/loveseat set PLUS end tables for half the price of the sectional at Jordan's. We put the order in and told them to hold it until we got confirmation from Jordan's that we could cancel the sectional we ordered from them. We came home and cancelled the sectional from Jordan's. I called today to place the order with Bernie & Phyl's.
Once the sectional was cancelled and order was placed with Bernie & Phyl's, I felt much better about our purchases and the price we paid for them. Although we still spent a ton of money, it will be nice when all the furniture is in the sunroom and that space is usable.
In summary, purchases include the following...
1) Reclining Microfiber Sofa & Loveseat in a chocolate color (purchased at Bernie & Phyl's)
2) 2 cherry end tables (purchased at Bernie & Phyl's)
3) Cherry dining table with 6 chairs (purchased at Jordan's)
4) 65" Mitsubishi TV (purchased at Jordan's)
5) Cherry finish TV stand (purchased at Jordan's)
oh and, we still got the Big Bertha Golf Driver for FREE!!! lol
Stay tuned...I will post pictures as the pieces get delivered!!!
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing your experience at Jordan's. I shopped there years ago and found the sales people to be rude as well and never went back. We've had great experiences as Bernie & Phyll's and Rotman's.
My thought is this - You should be able to get what you want and pay the price you want to pay. After the day is done, it is you that will either enjoy it or be totally ticked off each time you look at it.
So I hope you totally love what you have chosen.
Nothing beats a nice big tv!
That place is super crazy. We bought our bed there about 3 years ago, And we HATE it. Actually I don't mind it, but my husband does not sleep well on it. It was a foam-top bed. Now there are 2 sunken spots on either side of the bed from where we lay. That is the last time we buy anything from there. Hope your purchases go better.
Post a Comment