Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Monday, July 6, 2009

YMCA Classes

This summer, I wanted to enroll Katie into some kind of camp or preschool because she is such a social butterfly and I thought she would really love it. But, then I started looking into preschool and wondering how far into the fall/winter I could truly keep her in before the germs started to fly. The last thing I want is for her to spend more time in the hospital. My fear was that she would love school so much that I wouldn't be able to pull her out without disappointing her.

So, then I looked into day camp at the YMCA where we are already members, but that idea was nixed quickly as all campers need to be potty trained and Katie is currently on strike in that department...so day camp was out.

I finally decided that I would enroll her into some shorter classes on Mon, Wed & Fri at the "Y". The cost was only $100 for 4 classes for one month, compared to approx $100 per week for preschool. So, I thought it was a bargain and she would still get to have the same socialization as preschool. And, an added benefit...we are already at the gym, so I get to exercise!!

We are 2 weeks into these classes and she is having a blast!!! I am SO glad that we enrolled her into these classes and I will definitely enroll her again for the next session. Outside of the classes that I enrolled her in, there are a ton of "free" or relatively free programs for the kids.

Last Monday, there was a fun workshop on the calendar for the kids that required "Dress Up"...at first, Katie didn't want anything to do with it and just wanted to play with the toys in the room, until the teacher started dancing around. Then she practically ran to me to help her into a dress!! How cute is this dress!!!


On Mondays, she is taking a "Tumbling" class.

On Wednesdays, she is taking a "Little Artist" class.

On Fridays, she is taking "Rainbow Music, Crafts & Science"

and "Dance with Me"

We are very busy, but she is loving the interaction with other kids and I am loving THAT SMILE!!!

"It might be a crazy life, but it's our life..."
~Kate Gosselin

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love the variety of things the Y offers. I am working on our August schedule & hoping to get a few more Y classes in :)