Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Monday, March 1, 2010

Katie's Four Year Checkup

Today, I brought Kaitlyn for her 4-year checkup. I have a hard time taking these appointments seriously. As far as I am concerned, Dr. Keuker is her primary care doctor. Her PCP is so far removed from her care that she wasn't even aware of the fact that it is pointless for Kaitlyn to receive any more vaccinations until she is done with treatment because she will have to start all over again after treatment. (Sidenote: because of all the chemotherapy, her immune system has been wiped out and regenerated. Any past vaccinations can be considered null and void. Don't you think her pediatrician would know that?)

When I was told that Kaitlyn was getting 4 vaccinations at today's visit, I told them that we would consult with Dr. Keuker before she got ANY more vaccinations/shots. To me, it is pointless to give her vaccinations that she will just have to get again anyway....spare the kid some pain.

Anyway, she weighed in at 38 pounds with a height of 38 inches!

She also had a vision & hearing test which she passed with flying colors...I swore she was going to fail the hearing test for sure because she never seems to hear what I am saying to her, but she did fine...lol.

I have a certificate here that says that she is perfectly healthy. I suppose if you ignore the fact that she is undergoing treatment for leukemia (which is what this doctor seems to do) then, yeah, she is perfectly healthy...eh yi yi....time for a new pediatrician, any suggestions????

2 comments:

Ali said...

I LOVE my Pediatrician, Dr. Karen Heveron. She practices at Tri-River in Uxbridge, which would be a bit of a hike for you, but worth it if you find a doc you really like and trust. They have extended hours until 9pm at night and on Saturdays for sick kid visits. When she has not been available and we have had to see other docs I have liked everyone we have seen. Dr. Cordeo-Davis saw Gavin a couple of times when he was really sick in November and wheezing. You can call to do a meet and greet before you decide.

Cristin said...

I LOVE Harding Pediatrics. They took care of me and all of my health issues and they have since added some young Dr's into the rotation.

They are at 45 Oak Ave - Just behind Memorial Hospital. The Dr's are Ian Harding, Nicholas Pacella, Emma Hughes, Joyee Nobis and a new doctor. But if you prefer old or young - they are there. WE have seen all of them and have been VERY happy!
They accept al kinds of insurance.
On occasion, we have run into many of our friends while there.