We are having MAJOR potty success over here.
Thursday (10/25) - Monday(10/29), Katie was on steroids for the first 5 days of her chemo cycle. This is usually the hardest time for her to control herself (both emotionally & physically). So, she usually just ends up back in diapers, but NOT THIS TIME!!! She refused to wear a diaper and she made it ALL 5 DAYS without a single accident. She earned herself an extra Disney dollar for this.
Not only has she been doing a great job during the day, but at night as well. The past week or so, she has refused a diaper at night. The first few nights were rough, but something amazing happened the other night. She got up twice in the middle of the night to go to the potty!!! She also earned an extra Disney dollar for this.
I don't know if it is the Disney Dollars that are inspiring her or if something has just 'clicked' for her. I am reluctant to get too excited because we have gone back and forth so many times. However, this times she seems determined and every day she tells me, "I am working very hard for my Disney Dollar today!!"
She sure is and I couldn't be more thrilled!!!
GLC Holiday Party
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment