Kohls - opening at 3am
Target - opening at 4am
Walmart - advertised opening at 5am, but actually opened much earlier (midnight in some places).
Lowes - opening at 7am
I wasn't sure if I was going to do the Black Friday thing again this year, but in looking at the ads, I decided that it would be worth my while to head out at 3am to get to Target's opening. I figured I wouldn't have much trouble at Target because I wasn't trying to get there for any of the big ticket electronics. I was just there for the sales on some of the toys I knew I wanted to get for Kaitlyn. I arrived at 3:30am and the line to get into the store was already wrapped around the side of the building and to make matters worse, it was drizzly out...yuck! So, I reluctantly got out of my dry, warm car and got into line. It was then that I realized I had forgotten my cell phone...ugh! Time never moved so slowly as it did in that line! But, it was a good thing that I had gotten into line because the line was all the way to the back of the store by the time they opened the doors. Once in the store, I found everything I was looking for quite easily and I was out of there within a half hour!!!
Done with Target, I was on my way to Walmart. I was nervous about getting to Walmart because I didn't want to miss the deal at Walmart on Band Hero. Mike has wanted this for the past few years and Walmart had a great deal on it. The game usually sells for about $160.00 and Walmart has it on sale for $80.00, so it really is a great deal!!! I got there and they had moved all of the electronics to the kids clothing department...I have NO IDEA how this was supposed to be helpful. Anyway, it was a sea of people. I asked at least 4 associates where to find the Band Hero for the Wii and none of them could help me and just expected me to wander around in the sea of people. It was REALLY annoying and by the time I left there, I was ready to kill someone. I did however, leave with Band Hero :-)
After completing the top 2 stores on my list, I stopped home and grabbed my cell phone before running over to Kohls. I got home around 6am and the house was still in darkness...I don't think anyone even knew I came home. I also grabbed my rain coat and then I was back out the door.
I made my way to Kohls and got a few more small gifts out of the way. One item on my list was a ring for ME, but they were out of the style that was on sale :-( FIGURES! The ONE thing I was going to buy for myself!!! Just as well I suppose...lol.
Lastly, I made my way to Lowes for a shop vac for Mike that was on sale.
I was done and on my way home by 9am. I got home and picked up Mike & Katie for breakfast.
Then, Mike insisted that we go to JC Penny because they were having a sale on blinds. We did end up going to look and realized that the cost for blinds in our sunroom would be astronomical. So, we decided to go with drapes :-) We got a great deal on double lined, insulated drapes!!! Now, we just have to figure out how to hang them!!!
I think next year, I will have to be better prepared for Black Friday because I really do think it is worth the effort. I also think I need a buddy! Anyone??
GLC Holiday Party
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment