Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Saturday, April 16, 2011

Egg Hunt at Sherry's House

Today, we went to our second annual Easter Egg Hunt at Sherry's House!!! Katie was adament that she wanted to wear her Rapunzel dress today and I wasn't going to argue with her. She looked so damn cute in her dress :-)

As soon as we walked into the house, she ran over to get her picture taken with the Easter Bunny and Angelica the Bear, which is something that she wanted nothing to do with last year. So, I was happy :-)

Then, my princess posed for this adorable photo on the stairs...so cute :-)

While the kids were arriving, there were cookies, crafts, tatoos & face painting to keep them busy while they were waiting for everyone to arrive.

Katie's first stop was the cookie making station - YUM! Katie loaded her cookie up with all kind sof goodies!!

She then enjoyed some face painting -

and crafts -

But, the highlight of the day was of course the egg hunt! Each kid had to find 9 eggs with their own distinct pattern on it. This year, it was a little harder to find all the eggs because the weather held out enough that they were able to place the eggs outside. Katie had a blast finding her eggs and I had a hard time keeping up with her this year!!!

Katie was the winner of the "guess how many jelly beans in the jar" game!!! I think the interns helped her out with this...lol.

Then, we were blessed to get to see Margaret, Director of Sherry's House, who has been battling her own cancer over the past year and so far, she is beating the odds.  Keep fighting Margaret, we love you!

I feel so blessed to have these amazing people in my life. This is a wonderful organization that helps families like ours in ways that you can't imagine. To learn more about Sherry's House, visit their website HERE.

No comments: