Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Katie 5 Year Check-up

Today, Katie had her 5 year checkup with her primary care doctor.

I am still not a fan of Katie's doctor and I need to find her a new one, but I haven't found the time to find a new one yet. I am not overly concerned about it right now because she is still under the care of Dr. Keuker. I would make him her primary care doctor if I could :-)

Anyway, mostly everything checked out fine.

She weighed in at 42 pounds with a height of 41 & 1/2 inches!

She had a hearing test which she did fine with, but she seemed to have a problem with the vision test.  She did not get 100% of the shapes right that they were showing her and she started to get so frustrated that it seemed like she was just guessing at them. So, they passed her for now, but said that they would re-test again in a year. So, we will just wait and see what happens with that.

Other than that, nothing exciting to report - thank God...I'll take a boring doctor visit :-)

No comments: