This one was called Grafton Nipmuck Indian and it was a very quick find on our way to Uxbridge!
Out at Riverbend Farm, we found 2 letterboxes. The first one was called FrankenBlock and it was a very easy first find at the farm.
Katie's cousins Sophie & Charlie joined us in our afternoon adventure!
The second one was called Roman Coin and it was a bit of a hike to find it. By this time, most of the kids were starting to melt down, so we called it a day after we found this one.
This was one of the first MOMS Club events we have made it to since Katie has been off treatment. I have to admit that it felt kind of weird to see some of the moms that I haven't seen in so long and to see how their kids have grown. Some moms who had 1 kid before, now have 2. It made me realize that life went on for others while we were stuck in limbo waiting for Katie to be done with treatment. Although it was nice to see some old friends, it also brought up that old bitterness that this disease is famous for and I had to keep the "Why me's" at bay. I will never have the answer to that question, I just have to move on and live each day to the fullest because for today, she is healthy and we went letterboxing. Sometimes, it's just that ordinary days like today aren't really so ordinary for us.
Thanks for a great day MOMS Club!
No comments:
Post a Comment