Katie was supposed have her first day of Kindergarten today, but school was cancelled due to power outages and downed trees from Hurricane Irene.
Last night, I spent like 2 hours getting stuff ready for Katie's first day of school, even ran out to the grocery store at 8:30pm to get her some healthy snacks for her lunches this week. When I walked in the door the phone was ringing. So, with jacket still on, I answered the phone just to learn that the first day of school was being cancelled. I was SO MAD! I had been ignoring the fact that the first day of school was coming because we were so focused on the hurricane. I figured I would deal with the "first day of school" preparations after the hurricane passed....lol...which I was doing, but then to learn that I could have waited until Monday when I had more energy to deal with it...ugh, just so annoying...
Also, I am mad because today is Katie's 3 year "diagnosiversary" and we have made it a point to do something special/fun on that day for the past 2 years to cover up the fact that it was such a HORRIBLE day 3 years ago. This year, I didn't plan anything because the first day of kindergarten was special enough!!! Now, she's home watching TV with nothing special to do...it just stinks and there is nothing I can do about it at this point because I have a TON of work to do today!!! Of course, I am more upset by it than she is because she really doesn't remember the day she was diagnosed (thank God!). However, she was pretty disappointed to learn that her first day of school had been postponed.
I can't ever remember the FIRST day of school being cancelled!!!!!!
GLC Holiday Party
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment