Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Wednesday, August 31, 2011

First Day of School - FINALLY!!!

Finally, after 2 cancelled days, the kids had their first day of school!!!

We got up a little bit early to make sure that we had enough time for pictures!!! Katie looks so darn grown up in her first day of school outfit!!!


I love the headband that she is wearing - she picked it out the other day when she got her haircut...it looks so cute on her!!!


I am a bit nervous this morning because Katie is going to be taking the bus to school for the first time and we have yet to meet any of the teachers or staff at her school. It just seems so odd to me. I mean  in a car, they have to be in a carseat until they are like 12 years old. But on a bus, they don't even have seat belts! Not to mention I am sticking her on a bus full of strangers and she is getting off at the other end to a bunch of strangers...yeah, I met the bus at the school...lol.

Katie at the bus stop with daddy...

Katie watching for the bus while mommy looks at her admiringly - I am so proud of my girl :-)

I had a whole conversation with Katie before the bus came about turning around for a picture before she got on the bus - she is so cooperative...lol.

At the school, I was THE ONLY looney tune parent there with a camera....how is this possible? lol

When I asked Katie's teacher if I could come into the classroom to take a few pictures, she told me that if I wanted to come into the classroom that I would have to check with the office because I would need to have a CORI check done in order to come into the classroom...ahhhh...yeah, ok???

So, I went to the office and spoke with the new principal. I asked her if it was really a big deal and she responded that 1 parent really isn't a big deal, but 300 parents would be. To which I responded, "I am the only one here asking?!" She really didn't have much of a response, so I walked away and told the teacher that the office was fine with me going into the classroom for pictures...eh yi yi...I mean, really? COME ON!!! I did apologize to Katie's teacher and told her that I wasn't trying to be a pain, but that I just wanted a couple of pictures of my girl in her classroom...gheezh! I also promised her that I wouldn't be like this everyday...lol.

So, anyway, here is one of the few pictures that I got of Katie in her classroom. After all that, my camera jammed up on me and stopped working while I was in the classroom. I ended up only getting a few photos...sigh...


After school, this is Katie walking home with the boy next door...so cute :-)

By the way -  this little boy has replaced Dr. Keuker as her #1 boyfriend...lol.

This was waiting for Katie when she got home...Bunny was busy making cookies for her while she was at school :-)

Katie was happy to have a few cookies before lunch and she informed me that I should make her cookies EVERY day while she is at school...lol.

I honestly cannot believe that she is a kindergartner now...where on Earth has the time gone? My dad always tells me not to blink because the older you get, the faster the time goes. I don't like the thought of that!

Lately, I will just stop whatever I am doing and stare at her. Mainly because I cannot believe how big she is getting, but also because I am trying to freeze the moment in my mind. I am just so in awe of her and what a great kid she is. I feel so blessed to be her mom!!!

No comments: