Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fly Away Beautiful Butterflies!!!

Over the past month or so, we have been watching four beautiful butterflies go through their life cycle. We saw them turn from caterpillars to chrysalides to painted lady butterflies. We knew that the day had come for us to let them fly free because one of them died in the mesh habitat.



Katie got a little emotional after all 3 butterflies were released and she realized that she may never see them again. I told her that I was sure that they would come back to visit (even though they only live another 2 weeks if they are lucky...eek).


That was an interesting experiment and Katie really enjoyed watching her caterpillars become butterflies.  We got our butterflies from insectlore.com if anyone is interested in trying it out for themselves.

No comments: