The Girl Scout Sock Hop was a town wide event for all the Girl Scouts in Grafton. I searched high and low for a little poodle skirt and ended up having to get one online. I too wanted to join in on the fun and get dressed up as a Pink Lady, but just didn't want to spend the ridiculous amount of money that I was seeing for the costumes. So, I focused on making sure Katie had the proper sock hop attire. I wasn't going to get her saddle shoes, but we got a good BOGO deal at Payless shoes :-)
I think she looked so darn adorable!!!
When we first got there, Katie was a little overwhelmed by all the people and was being rather shy. She chose to stand on the sidelines and watch everyone else have fun until some of the girls in her troop called her out onto the dance floor...lol.
The Girl Scout Pledge!!!
Katie did eventually warm up to the music and dancing and she had an absolute blast dancing the afternoon away with her friends :-)
Other than dancing, there was also a craft and ice cream sodas for the girls to drink! I wasn't sure if Katie was going to like this drink because she doesn't particularly like soda, but she seemed to enjoy it for a little while :-) She preferred to be dancing!!!
Our adorable troop!
I am glad that Katie had so much fun and now that she has a poodle skirt, maybe next year, I can get an outfit for myself!!! lol







No comments:
Post a Comment