Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Celebration of Life and Bravery

Kaitlyn has been through so much since her leukemia diagnosis in August and now that she has reached the Maintenance Phase of her treatment, we decided that a party was in order!!! Kaitlyn thought it was her birthday party and I kept having to tell her that it wasn't her birthday party, but a bravery party in her honor!!!

Today, we had a great celebration with family & friends, even Cinderella made an appearance (thanks Mom & Auntie Kay :-)!!! The kids loved listening to her tell her story and she really got them engaged in it.



She even had them do a small "wedding parade", even though the batteries were dying on her radio....lol. Kaitlyn looked absolutely adorable in this little wedding dress...so adorable, in fact, that I started crying when I saw her in it. How cute will this picture be on her actual wedding day...I am already planning the video :-) TOO CUTE!!!


The wedding Party!
Groom - Matt, Bride - Katie
Maid of Honor - Sophia, Bridesmaids Alison & Honor

Meme, Papa & Charlie

My mom

My dad & sis

Kerrie & Charlie

Patrick catches a fish

Amy, with good friends Shelly & Mary

Mike with Kaitlyn's new teddy bear
It didn't take long for Katie to zonk out on the couch. We put "her shows" on at 8pm and she was out by 8:05pm.

I love you, my sleeping beauty!!!

2 comments:

Cristin said...

That's awesome!!! Kaitlyn is as beautiful as ever!!!! The bride outfit is over the top!!!
Love the picture of Patrick with the catch of the day - you should enter that in a contest!
I love reading these great stories.

Michele said...

Awwwww what a wonderful party!! That pic of her as the bride is adorable!!! It will be so fun to show at her wedding many years down the road! :-)