Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Sunday, May 24, 2009

Make a Wish

This morning, we met with Make-a-Wish Volunteers, Cindy & George B. They came to talk to Katie about her wish. Of course, they realize that because of her age, it would be more of a wish that we would like to see fulfilled for her. So, Cindy sat and talked with Mike & I while George kept Kaitlyn thoroughly entertained. They came bearing gifts, which will always win Katie over.


Mike & I decided to wish to send Katie to Disney World. Cindy explained that the Wish kids stay at a place called Give Kids the World in Kissimmee, FL. We think this will be a totally unique experience for Katie (and us too). Give Kids The World is a non-profit organization that exists only to fulfill the wishes of all children with life-threatening illnesses and their families. They have a 70-acre resort complete with over 100 Villa accommodations, entertainment attractions, whimsical venues, and fun specifically designed for children with special needs.

When Cindy asked Katie what she wished for, Katie replied, "I want to be bigger so that I can reach stuff!" LOL - Too cute.

We look forward to hearing from George & Cindy to see if Katie's wish has been approved!!!

2 comments:

Michele said...

I love Make A Wish! They sent my cousin to Sea World several years ago and he LOVED it! I live just down the road from WDW (about 1 hour). I hope they approve it and she has the time of her life!

Cristin said...

That's Awesome!!!!