Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Monday, May 18, 2009

CONTINUING THE FIGHT

I am currently forming a team for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light The Night Walk.

The Light The Night Walk is The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's evening walk and fundraising event. It is the nation's night to pay tribute and bring hope to thousands of people battling blood cancers and to commemorate loved ones lost.

This cause hits very close to my heart as it will directly benefit lifesaving research that has contributed to major advances in the treatment of blood cancers and treatments for other types of cancer, such as chemotherapy and stem cell transplants. These treatments have helped patients live better, longer lives.

Ten years ago, Kaitlyn's form of Leukemia, Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL), would have been terminal. I thank God everyday for all the research that has been done since then, ALL now has an 80% cure rate.

I NEED YOUR HELP to continue the fight. Please consider joining my team or donating to the cause.

The Worcester event takes place on Sunday, October 25, 2009 at Assumption College
Walk Distance: 3 miles
Check In: 5:00 PM
Opening Ceremony: 6:00 PM
Walk Start Time: 6:30 PM

If you are interested in joining my team, the Leukemia Warrior's, please visit my team page at: http://pages.lightthenight.org/ma/Worcestr09/LeukemiaWarriors

If you cannot commit to the walk, but would like to donate, please visit my personal page at:
http://pages.lightthenight.org/ma/Worcestr09/AmyRandell0618

I appreciate your support as we continue the fight against cancer.

No comments: