At the start of every year, I spend a ridiculous amount of time shredding paperwork from the previous year and creating a filing system for the upcoming year. The shredding takes me forever and I dread it every year. This year, I made the decision to create a digital filing system instead of a paper one. Although it will not save me time this year, I am hopeful that it will save me a ton of time in the future.
I have spent the past 3 days shredding old files, scanning the documents I want to keep and cleaning out the paper clutter in general. My goal is to empty my file cabinet and have minimal paperwork hanging around for the new year. I still have quite a bit of scanning to go, but I am hopeful that I will have cleared out most of the clutter soon.

Gotta love a fresh start!!!!
2 comments:
You should try one of the document scanning/management services out there. I haven't tried one but you reminded me it's a good time to.
I stumbled across www.pixily.com a while ago. You mail your documents in prepaid envelopes to them, and they send you back a CD of everything scanned.
Now it looks like they have some client software you can install that allows you to search the content of your stuff.
I even considered a service that will reroute your snail mail to another address, and they scan it and email it to you, but Caryn loves mail too much for that :)
I knew there was another one....https://start.shoeboxed.com/Register has much better pricing.
Post a Comment