Today, we went back at the Dermatologist for her follow-up appointment. I explained to them that I hadn't been putting on the "Permetherin" because it didn't really seem to be working, but based off of a conversation yesterday with her oncologist, I did apply a treatment yesterday. They took another skin sample and did find what looked like mite remnants or dead mites and they explained that it was probably because I just treated her skin yesterday.
That evidence, combined with the conversation with Dr. Keuker was enough confirmation for me. I will now be following the prescribed course of action and hopefully Katie's rash (mite problem) will go away.
This sounds so disgusting.Just to reiterate what I stated in my previous dermatology post, this is not "catchy", like lice. Everyone has these on their skin, but since her immune system is compromised, it cannot defend against the millions of parasites that live in our environment. So, they infest in the skin and cause irritation. Apparently, this is a common side-effect of chemotherapy.
All the things you never knew or never wanted to know about cancer and chemo...sigh...9 MONTHS and counting until this will all be behind us....
1 comment:
OMG! What else? I feel for her! Be glad she doesn't have allergies.
Interesting info though. Certainly something I haven't had an experience with.
See, just when you think you've seen it all, wait.
Good luck I hope the cream works well and quickly.
Post a Comment