Our contractor has been back to work since Monday, January 3 and has gotten quite a bit done!!! He has finished all of the framing in the addition, the electrical is done in the addition and demo has started in the existing bedrooms. He has also started adding floor joists to the second floor over the 2 front bedrooms so that when he rips the ceiling out, he can raise it up to match the height of the ceilings in the addition :-)
Last weekend was spent emptying out the front bedroom so that our contractor could demo the room on Monday. We were able to use the "attic" space above the addition for a lot of storage, but I absolutely refused to put my scrapbooking stuff anywhere but in the sunroom. I am completely petrified that something is going to happen to it during all this construction. I just hope the sunroom doesn't collapse from all the extra weight!
If you have ever seen an episode of "Hoarders", that is what our house looks like right now...it is already driving me crazy.
Our front bedroom after if was emptied, but before demo...
Monday, after demo...
I realized tonight that there is no interior wall between this bedroom and the addition because there is no drywall on either side of the insulation. So you can actually stand in this front room and look into the addition if you just move the insulation out of the way. It is pretty cold in that front room too.
In addition to all of that, the siding has been delivered and is sitting in the front year (now covered by snow) and the plumber is supposed to come this week and move some heating pipes!!!
Next weekend, we are planning to get Katie's room cleaned out because the plan is to demo her room next week. I am a little sad to demo her room (her nursery). This one room has been through so many different phases. It was my parents bedroom when we first moved into this house, then after their addition, it became my bedroom. After I bought the house, it became my craft room. Mike proposed to me in this room. Then it was Katie's nursery, now her bedroom. I know it is just going through another phase, but this is a tough one for me. It is hard to see her precious little room be destroyed, even if it will be put back together.
GLC Holiday Party
14 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment