Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bowling!!!

I decided this morning that I needed to get out of the house and do something fun as a family. So, we decided to take Katie bowling for the first time.

It took everything in me to not be a complete germ fanatic while we were there. I am slowly getting over the germ factor in public restrooms, but rental shoes and shared bowling balls...ugh...I had a hard time resisting the urge to Purell her hands after every turn!!!

That aside, we had a great time!!! We went to Colonial Bowling Center in Worcester because it was the only one we knew of that does candlepin...if anyone knows of any other, I would love to know about it!

Katie had fun just doing something different with us. I always have fun watching the energy that she brings to a new adventure.
Mike revealed to me that he was once in a bowling league - impressive!!! NERD
We taught Katie to bowl like this after we saw her wind up like she was about to throw a baseball...LOL. This "technique" amazed me. She would roll it so lightly that it would barely make it to the pins and then it would hit in just the right place and knock down like 5 pins. I have no idea how the ball had enough strength to knock down ANYTHING!!! It was painfully slow though.

Katie won both games!!!

Here's to new adventures in the new year!!! Germs included!!! YIKES!!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

There is a candle pin place in Whitinsville called "Sparetime". We went to a birthday party there last year.