Since Katie was diagnosed, we have been wearing orange wristbands with her name on them. We wore them in honer of her fight against leukemia. Well, we got new purple wristbands in October. These were supposed to replace the orange ones, in honor of her ending treatment and being a leukemia survivor. However, we had a hard time taking off the orange ones for whatever reason.
But, I decided a few days ago that mine was coming off at midnight on New Years. I was going to make a small ceremony out of it and have Katie remove it for me...blah, blah, blah. I forgot all about the wristband until the following morning when it was still on my wrist.
So, instead of making a big deal about it, I just took it off and said goodbye to the orange wristband. Mike also took his off when he woke up. Now, we wear only the purple ones in honor of her survivorship. We are moving into a new year with new possibilities and I don't want to be reminded of the struggle that she faced. I want to honor HER by wearing only the purple wristband. Now, when I look at my wrist, I think of her strengths and how truly blessed we are that she is healthy today. And I think of her saying, "Purple is my favorite color!" lol
Here's to a healthy new year!!!
GLC Holiday Party
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment