This afternoon, I took Katie out to play in the snow. We had a blast!!! We started out with some sledding in the neighbors yard. I even hopped on the sled and took a few runs down the hill with her :-)
OK - I am sure that every parent feels like their kid is gorgeous, but LOOK AT THIS FACE! Is that not the face of an angel???
After sledding for about an hour, we took the dogs for a walk on the ice. Then Katie said, "I have an idea", with her finger pointing to the sky, "let's go ice skating!" lol
So, we brought the dogs back into the house, grabbed Katie's ice skates and went back out the door. It took me about 1/2 an hour to shovel off a small rink for her to skate on, but she was very excited to try ice skating.
Rink shoveled off, skates on and Katie was loving it!
She really did a lot better than I thought she would. I figured for her first time out, she would be holding my hand the whole time, but nope...not Katie. As soon as she got her balance, she wanted to do it all by herself. AND SHE DID! Of course, she fell a few times, but I give her a ton of credit for trying something new. I love seeing how she jumps right into new adventures with such enthusiasm. YOU GO GIRL!!!
After 3 hours outside, we came in for some hot chocolate and cookies :-)
What a great afternoon with my girl!!!
GLC Holiday Party
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment