Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Friday, January 28, 2011

Addition Update

I haven't updated in a while because I have been completely disgusted with the way that our contractor is handling the renovation of the front 2 bedrooms.  The rooms have been ripped apart for 3 weeks and he has taken no precautions to preserve the heat in those rooms. These bedrooms are on a second heating zone in the house and the thermostat is IN the room, so for the first few days, our furnace didn't stop running. We ran out of fuel and the contractor tried to claim that it wasn't him, that it had nothing to do with the renovation.  HA!!! Yeah OK!!! In 10 years of owning my home, I have NEVER run out of fuel..all of a sudden I do and it has nothing to do with the fact that my front two bedrooms HAVE NO WALLS???!!!!!!!  I find that VERY hard to believe.

Anyway, my dad and Mike pulled the thermostat off the wall to stop the furnace from running 24/7.  We told the contractor about this and he did nothing to prevent a freeze up in the pipes. So, sure enough, with walls that were barely insulated, we had frozen pipes within a week. Our contractor had to send a plumber over to the house last Sunday (1/23) to shut down the zone and drain it of water which is what he SHOULD have done 2 weeks ago. So, although we still do not have heat in that zone (which also includes part of the kitchen and our bathroom), at least we no longer have to worry about a freeze up.

Enough about the negative, here is what HAS been completed since the last update:

...put in most of the windows, all but one dormer window and one replacement window in the existing house.
...completely torn all the sheetrock off of the "playroom" walls and ceiling.
...built the hallway wall from the living room to the hallway in the addition, including a laundry closet and playroom closet.
...floor joists above the playroom are complete.
...house is 70% sided.

They attempted to remove the dumpster 2 days ago, but could not get to it because of all the snow. So, I will be curious to see where he puts all of the trash without a dumpster to put it in, right now, there is a huge pile in the addition...sigh...

We are hoping that the house will be 100% sided this weekend and all the windows in. Thus, making the house ready for a rough inspection and an electrical inspection early next week. Once he has the OK on the inspections, he can start insulating and putting the drywall on the walls!!! I can't wait to see that happen!!!!

Here is one exterior picture from last weekend:

I will post some more pics this weekend :-)

No comments: