Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bookworm!!!

I absolutely LOVE that Katie is such a book worm. This is the scene at bedtime every night and it has been going on for about 6 months now. Although we have always read to her at bedtime, more recently she is "reading" herself to sleep with a few books. But, even more amazing to me is that she is actually starting to recognize certain words and she is actually starting to read!!!


Some words she is starting to recognize:
Kaitlyn
Katie
I Love You
Mom
Dad
Meme
Papa
Pop
Grammie
Kay
Steve
Kerrie
Sophie
Charlie
Cat
Dog
Ball
Hat

1 comment:

Eileen said...

so how come Eileen , Auntie I or Ariel are not on that list of words she recognizes??? When Can I expect to see that added to the list.