Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!!!

Friday night (10/30/09), we had a small gathering for my dad's birthday. Dad came over to help us set up the "haunted house" for our Halloween Party and we got some pizza & cake...actually, I think it was brownies...YUM!

I gave dad his brownies and Katie said, "But, there's no candles!" I had to explain to her that there wasn't enough room for all the candles I would have to put on Pop's cake :-P lol

Auntie Kay even stopped by after work! We don't get to see Kay much these days. We are both busy doing different things, so it was nice to see her :-)

I made my dad a scrapbook for his birthday. The pages are made out of vinyl records cut in half and the pictures are of him and his band. I liked it so much that I didn't want to give it to him!!! I think he liked it too :-)



Then after dinner and brownies, Kay read a bedtime story to Katie and then Pop had to read her the same story. Then it was WAY past her bedtime, so it was off to bed for Katie....and Kay...and Pop....

Mike & I stayed up to watch "Creepshow", an old family favorite at Halloween time.

No comments: