Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!!!

Halloween this year was much, MUCH more fun than last year. Last year, we spent the ENTIRE day at Umass while Kaitlyn was having her port placement surgery. Click here to read the post from last year.

Because last year was such a let down, we decided to try to make up for it this year.

Yesterday, we hosted a Halloween Party for the kiddies, complete with a walk through (2 room) haunted house.

You started out in the "black light room" with the angry cat & witch...


Then moved into the "Room of Death" with 2 skeletons seated on the couch and a scary DVD playing on the TV...

Lastly, you had to make it past the flying ghoul to get to the party.

Of course, we were worried that we were going to have a house full of scared, screaming, crying children. But, most of them were not phased in the least.

Mike, Katie & I wore our clown costumes again for the party...

Mike (Do-Do the Clown) made some balloon animals for the kids...

We had a small craft for those that were interested...

And there was dancing on the deck...I love this picture, Katie (Dee-Dee the clown) looks like she is trying to fly...

There was plenty of food and conversation for all the adults...

And this group picture, well...it is what it is...poor Charlie (the little cow in the lower right corner) was crying his little head off under that hat and we couldn't even see him...poor kid. Cali wanted nothing to do with this scene, so she is missing from the picture.
Top left to right: Alison, Daniela, Honor, Mikey & Thorin
Lower left to right: Cameron, Sophia, Katie, Charlie
Missing: Cali

After all the kids filled up on sugar, everyone went home for a nap/rest before trick or treating time.

We met our friends (Slocum family & Graves family) on Grafton Common at 6pm for our traditional Trick or Treating on South Street. I did not bring my camera out with us. Can you believe it? For those of you that know me, you know that this is NOT like me at all. But, I usually don't get very good pictures at night and I really just wanted to be there in the moment with my little girl and have FUN...and that we did. There I was, all dressed up, carrying Katie's trick or treat bag, holding her hand, going from house to house. I WAS TRICK OR TREATING!!! I had so much fun, I felt like I was 8 years old again (OK, except for my achy back & feet :-)

The weather could not have been better. OK, maybe a little better...it did sprinkle for a brief moment, but the temperature was perfect! I can't ever remember such a warm Halloween night.

It was another great Halloween on South Street!!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hey, I went trick or treating with my kids on South Street too. South Street in Addison NY. :) Glad to hear it was a happy day.