Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Saturday, November 28, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a lot like...

CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Tonight, we put up all the Christmas decorations. We have never put them up this early before, but every year I wish that we had longer to enjoy them. There is just something about sitting in the dark with only Christmas lights on that is magical. I just love it.

We set up our artificial, 6 & 1/2 foot tree in our new sunroom and it looks tiny in there because the ceilings are so high. But, I am not spending a fortune on a new one right now. I'll wait until after to Christmas and do some bargain hunting when the sales start.


Katie was so happy to see Mickey. I can't believe that she actually remembered him from last year. This kid has an amazing memory!!!

The garland....

And nothing says Christmas like a little dog torture!!!

Scrappy....

Babi...

The highlight of the night was the gingerbread house that Katie worked on with her Pop. Now, anyone who has put one of these together knows how frustrating it can be to get it to stay together...this one was no different. Pop would put one piece on and another would fall off. Although frustrating for Pop, Katie loved it. Each fallen piece was another piece of candy she got to eat! She had a blast doing this gingerbread house project with her Pop. Although the house didn't turn out perfectly, the scene was priceless. Thanks Pop!

This smile is what I live for...

It was a perfect night all around and now the house looks GREAT! Let the festivities begin!!!

1 comment:

Ali said...

I was thinking of putting the tree up later this year for fear that little fingers would be taking ornaments down all the time. But, like you said, there is something magical about sitting in the dark with nothing but the tree lit.

As for after Christmas tree sales, head to Namco on dec. 26th on rt. 20 (same plaza as Price chopper) I got a 9ft tree there a few years ago for less then $100. Normally priced at $230. And since it was a floor model and the didn't have the box, they GAVE me TWO christmas tree bags to store it in.