Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Friday, November 27, 2009

So Thankful

This year, I am so thankful for my amazing little girl and her health. Sometimes, I look at her with tears in my eyes and realize how truly lucky we are. I wonder, "what if she hadn't responded so well to her treatment?" The alternate scares me so much that it literally takes my breath away. Lately, Mike & I have been referring to ourselves as the "lucky ones" in the "secret society". As far as childhood cancer goes, Katie has it easy. I don't mean that her journey is easy for her, but that compared to others, she has it "easier". She has responded extremely well to her treatment protocol with minimal side effects and she is beating leukemia. Her strength & resilience amaze me every single day. I am truly in awe of this beautiful little girl who has faced more adversity in her 3 short years than some of us will in an entire lifetime.

No comments: