Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Thursday, April 1, 2010

Two trips to the ice cream store and a present!!!!

April 1st is one of the most anticipated days of the year here in Grafton, MA. It is the day that the local ice cream store, Swirls & Scoops, opens for the summer. The place is usually packed all day, but I figured it might be less so if we went before the kids got out of school. We went over after lunch and we still had to stand in a 20 minute line. I was disappointed to find that my favorite frozen yogurt, Purple Cow, will not be in until Monday :-( Katie got "Creamsicle Flavor Burst" and I got "Death by Chocolate"...YUM! The weather was beautiful, so we were lucky enough to have ice cream outside on the picnic tables. The weather last year was not so cooperative.



Katie had a package waiting for her from the "wish people" when we returned home. They sent her a really cute bunny family gift for Easter, which she played with all afternoon.

After dinner, Katie made a second trip to Swirls & Scoops with her Daddy. They had a 30 minute wait, but they ran into one of Katie's friends, Alison, so at least they had each other for entertainment. Katie got the "Banana Flavor Burst" and Mike got the "Oreo" ice cream. Katie wanted to eat in the car because the parking lot was "too loud". I guess there were a lot of kids hanging out at the picnic table being rowdy...lol.

I would say she was one lucky girl today!!!

No comments: