Today, Kaitlyn had her second of four lumbar punctures for the Central Nervous System (CNS) Therapy Phase of treatment. We were at the clinic for four hours, all the while Kaitlyn was starving because she couldn't eat until after her procedure. If you remember from previous posts, a starving child on steroids is NOT an easy thing to bear. They performed her procedure at 11am and were done by 11:30am. During her procedure, they gave her a "happy drug" and she had everyone laughing during the procedure, even "Dr. KooKoo" as she referred to him while she was on her "happy drug". While she was sedated, she was lying on her side and her doctor, Dr. Keuker, was behind her performing the procedure. When, out of nowhere, she says, "uh oh, I just farted!!" and then she started to giggle. LOL Everyone burst out laughing and she continued to keep everyone laughing until the end of the procedure. She continues to amaze me. If it were me on that table, I probably would have been crying or complaining. I realize now how little I had to complain about before she was diagnosed. And even now, I have no right to complain about anything. Kaitlyn is the one who has to endure all the necessary pain of treating the leukemia. If she can do that without complaining then I can do the dishes or the laundry without complaining. Speaking of which...
No comments:
Post a Comment