Poor Katie is so wiped out from this round of chemo. The
steroid regimen ended yesterday, so we are hoping the cravings for potato chips and chocolate milk will end soon :-) But, we have been really concerned about her because she is acting like she is sick, but she has not spiked any fevers. She is sleeping a lot, up to 3 naps per day at this point. She wakes up just long enough to have something to eat and drink and then she wants to go back to her crib. I spoke to the nurse practitioner today and she said that this is typical in this phase, it is due to the PEG
aspariginase shots that she is receiving every other week (and will continue into May). I hate seeing Kaitlyn so lethargic because it is NOT like her at all. It is as if her inner spark is dwindling. Where is she? Where has my little girl gone? It is so hard to watch all of this day in and day out. I know she is in there somewhere!
No comments:
Post a Comment