Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wednesday's Clinic Visit

Today we went to the clinic for Kaitlyn's PEG aspariginase treatment (2 shots in her legs). They also decided to take blood because she has been so lethargic. Her bloodwork looked good - Red Count was low, but in the normal range (no transfusion necessary yet), she isn't anemic, her blood glucose looked great, blood sugars were normal. There is no reason she should be acting so tired other than a side effect of her chemo treatments or steroids. Of course, me thinking the worst, I asked if this could be possible signs of a relapse and the doctor said, "no, absolutely not. We are not even considering that as an option." That made me feel a lot better. I guess if she is tired and needs to sleep then that is just what she needs right now. It is just so hard to watch a very vibrant and energetic little girl being so drained. I hope she does OK tomorrow with all the traveling around to the grandparents :-) We'll see.....

No comments: