Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Thursday, November 27, 2008

I am Thankful!!!

With Thanksgiving upon us, I have been thinking about everything I'm thankful for and how lucky I truly am! In dealing with Kaitlyn's Leukemia, it isn't always easy to see the good things, but isn't it true that the things you struggle for the most and work the hardest for, you are truly the most appreciative for?

I am thankful for the following things:
  • Mike & Kaitlyn
  • Kaitlyn's Remission
  • Great doctor's & nurses supporting Kaitlyn's care
  • Great family & friends supporting all 3 of us
  • The support of mere strangers both financially & emotionally
  • A very understanding boss
  • Good health care coverage
  • A warm home
  • Food on the table

I could go on and on. Dealing with Kaitlyn's Leukemia has been extremely difficult at times, but it has shown me so much about the human spirit. Before Kaitlyn was diagnosed, I took a lot of the above mentioned things for granted, but today I acknowledge their importance in my life and I am so grateful.

Happy Thanksgiving!
~Amy

No comments: