Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Saturday, November 8, 2008

When a "normal" night isn't normal anymore

Last night, we took Kaitlyn to see my dad's band, Beatles For Sale, play at the Millbury High School. We have taken her to many of their concerts, but last night's was different. Last night, I put the camera down (OK, I let Mike take the pictures), while I sat and appreciated the scene in front of me.

On the one hand, I see my dad living out one of his childhood dreams, playing Beatles songs on stage with a talented group of musicians. He played in the privacy of his home for many, many years before making the jump to the big stage. As far back as I can remember, there was my dad either listening to the Beatles or practicing their songs on his guitar. It is totally awesome to see him making this dream come true.

On the other hand, I see Katie dancing her little heart out in front of the stage. The band had some serious competition for the audience's attention. Kaitlyn did not sit down for the whole hour we were there. She is even starting to sing along to some of the songs. It was overwhelming for me to watch her dance around and be so happy while she has so much going on in her life.

It is hard for me to explain the rush of emotion I was feeling as I looked from one to the other. I just feel so blessed that Katie gets so much enjoyment from watching her "Pop" on stage :-)

1 comment:

Caryn said...

She is positively absolutely super amazing!