Treatment may have ended for Katie, but the battle is far from over.

Please say a prayer for all the children who continue to fight childhood cancer day after day.
Pray for their strength, resilience and healing.



TO MY DEDICATED BLOG READERS:

YUP, I AM BEHIND AGAIN....



Sunday, January 11, 2009

Steroid Craze

This round of steroids has brought a craze for Burger King Cheesy Tots & a chocolate shake.


Past Steroid Crazes:
Round 1: Funyuns
Round 2: Pepperoni
Round 3: Pringles Original Potato Chips & chocolate milk
Round 4: Peanut Butter Sandwich & regular milk
Round 5: Burger King Cheesy Tots & a chocolate shake

Along with the crazy food cravings, the steroids also turn my daughter into a whiny little monster. Believe me, it take A LOT of patience to make it through the first week of every phase. But, when I feel myself losing my patience, I have to remind myself that no matter how hard it is for Mike & I, it is that much harder for Kaitlyn. It is hard enough for a two year old to sort out their feelings and communicate that to the outside world, never mind adding steroids to the mix. She probably feels totally out of control and has no idea why. Poor kid.

Kaitlyn ends this round of steroids tomorrow. Can't wait to see what the next craze brings.

No comments: