Today, I am writing in hopes that I can get some of you involved in a project that will not take much time, but will mean a lot to someone who needs all the support she can get.
As many of you know, our daughter, Kaitlyn, was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) in August of 2008 and she is still undergoing aggressive treatment to fight her disease. In an effort to support her in her fight, my husband and I want to start a postcard campaign of well wishes for her.
Her treatment is going very well. She is in remission and her prognosis is excellent. However, at 2 years old, she is going through more than most of us ever will in a whole lifetime. Hospitalizations, surgeries, bone marrow biopsies, lumbar punctures, blood transfusions, chemotherapy administrations, blood draws, multiple shots every week...etc. The list goes on and on. And through it all, she continues to smile - I am truly amazed at her resilience and spirit.
Our goal is to receive a postcard from every state across the United Status of America. So, if you have a little spare time, a postcard and the willingness to help out, or if you know someone in another state that could help us reach our goal, please email me for our address and I will email you back.
Thank you in advance for your support in our daughter’s fight!
GLC Holiday Party
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment